An error occured during parsing XML data. Please try again.
It is the beach paradise of Thailand. Its Portuguese and Chinese influence can be clearly seen in the city. Wat Chalong is one of Phuket’s most famous temples. It is beautifully decorated with hundreds of small glass pieces that reflect onto the roof and around. There are many pagodas too. During special festivals, fairs are organized here and you can sample Thai food here.
Phuket also has numerous waterfalls. There are two major one--Ton Sai and Bang Pae. They are in Khao Praew Thaew National Park about 20 kms off Phuket. The best time to visit is between May and October. There are trekking routes in the forests close by. There is a Gibbon Rehabilitation Project as well.
Patong has a 2-km-long beach. It is a favourite spot for tourists, especially divers. Facilities for parasailing, jet-skiing and boating are also offered here.
The area around Karon is a tourist hub. The Karon Plaza has guesthouses, cafes, restaurants and bars. There is a small art community where you can find Thai painters exhibiting and selling pictures, sculptures etc in the art galleries in which they live and work. Near Kata there is a football stadium that hosts local and international sporting events
Popular Phuket Hotels
- 49 Moo 6 Layi-Nakalay Road Kamala
- Best deal S$388
- Latest booking: 49 minutes ago
- Score from 306 reviews: Good, 7.7
- There are 6 people looking at this hotel.
- 88 Moo 8 Sakdidej Road Tambon Vichit
- Best deal S$499
- Latest booking: 1 minute ago
- Score from 126 reviews: Good, 7.3
- There are 2 people looking at this hotel.
- 3 Soi Karon Soi 2 Karon Beach Muang
- Best deal S$44
- Latest booking: 28 minutes ago
- Score from 464 reviews: Very Good, 8.4
- There are 9 people looking at this hotel.
- 66 Thavee-wong Road Patong Beach Kathu
- Best deal S$64
- Latest booking: 4 minutes ago
- Score from 1,035 reviews: Good, 7.7
- There are 8 people looking at this hotel.
( 2 Votes )